Ahmed Ghaith Ahmed Al Suweidi
Date of Birth:
01 / 01 / 1960
Multi-Tasker (Petroleum Engineer, MA in Economics and an expert in educational work)
- 1985 – 1988 Multiple study courses in economics for PhD Degree (2 years), University of Southern California – United States.
- 1985: Masters Degree in Economics (U.S.C) University of Southern California – United States. (GPA:3.49 OUT OF 4.00)
- 1983: Bachelor's Degree in Petroleum engineering, University of South California (U.S.C). (GPA:3.49 OUT OF 4.00)
- 1990 – 2007: Senior Budget Controllers – Finance Dept. – Gov. of Abu Dhabi.
- Work experience : Head Of Strategic Planning Office, in addition to work in budget management
- 21 / 10 / 1990: General Budget and Financial management- Finance Dept. - Abu Dhabi Government
- 1988- 1989: Tutor - University of United Arab Emirates
Educational and social experiences:
- Offered range of programs and educational projects for youth centers and civil institutions.
- Provided recommendations to many public interest associations in the educational and social domains.
- Management of a group of volunteer educational youth centers and volunteer in the Emirates.
- Researcher and specialist in the management of educational and social institutions.
Courses and Conferences:
- General Financial Statistics (AMF)
- Creativity and Innovative Thinking
- Distinguished Management and Future Prospects
- Development of Work-team Performance
- Third Scientific Forum of Management
- The Art of Meeting Administration
Permanent & Interim Memberships in Various Committees:
- Committee for job creation for drivers
- Daily Workers Committee
- Committee for Cash for food and preventive food
- Tenders Committee at Abu Dhabi Municipality.
- Ad Hoc Committee for the Study of Financial Terms of Tenders
- Decision-making committee in the Commercial Building Tenders.
- Scholarships Committee
- Ad Hoc Committee for the preparation of Recurring & General Budget Reports and Budget's Illustrative Summary
- Committee for the Development and Updating of Finance Dept.
Along with memberships in other committees, whether on permanent or provisional basis.
Participated in delivering the following tasks in Budget management:
- Head of the Committee for Development and Modernization of Budget Management
- Studying preparation and implementation of the budgets of some governmental departments , through work groups
- Supervision of the following work groups: (Abu Dhabi Municipality, Al Ain municipality ِAgriculture Dept. / Al Ain ...) in the field of budget management.
- Participation with a work group specialized in the modernization of categorizing of budget, in accordance with activities and sectors.
- Participation in a study for the development and modernization of budget. (Price Water House)
- Participation in the Preparation of Circulars pertaining to Recurring & General Budget, as well as the budget's illustrative summary
- Supervision of various studies for governmental departments
Works and Tasks Achieved for Finance Department:
- Participation in the completion of following key projects for the Finance Dept., and the preparation of the scope of work for most consultative studies in the Finance Dept.
- Participation in the preparation of the five-year budget for Abu Dhabi Government (2010-2006).
- Participation in the study of Re-construction of Finance Dept as well as merging some Departments. (Hay Group)
- Participation in the preparation of the Financial system for Abu Dhabi Government, (Financial Order was issued in July 2006)
- Participation in the study of modernization and development of housing policies for the Abu Dhabi Government staff
- Participation in a study on Delegation of Authorities.
- Participation in a study for the development of the new procurement system.
- Participation in the study of modernization and development of Customs Administration. (Deliote).
- Participation in a study for the delegation of financial transfers between sub-heads in the budget to Executive Depts.
- Participation in a study for the application of health insurance and estimation of financial allocations for local government officials